incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: mirroring/rsyncing the maven repos on people.apache.org?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:17:07 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> IMO, if the IPMC votes to approve the release, it should be slapped in
> www.a.o/dist/incubator/ and hence use the same mirror system as
> everyone else.  The mirrors can live with the noise - the IPMC isn't
> approving *that* many releases.

That's contrary to what we were originally told by the mirroring folks,
e.g., Joshua.  So we told everyone, as we were told, to use cvs(now
people).a.o.  If infra is OK with this, we'll change the release docs to
reflect it.

> I have no idea how folks got the idea that people.a.o/dist was ever backed
up

I was never under that illusion.  Don't know why anyone should have been.

	--- Noel