incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [doc] "How to add a PPMC member"
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:05:25 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> The suggested PPMC habit would be:
>  - vote in a new candidate

Notify the Incubator PMC of the ongoing vote.

>  - ask for Incubator PMC acknowledgement (private@incubator.apache.org)

Actually, IMO all that we really want is a notice, since the prior notice
(above) would have allowed all Incubator PMC members to cast a vote as
desired.

> Some clarifications are needed on the PPMC page, including:
>  - the PPMC has no legal standing, so no need for board notification

And hence the need for Incubator PMC involvement.

> - membership on the PPMC does not guarantee membership on the PMC when
> the podling graduates

That decision is made by the Board when a TLP is created, or by an existing
PMC when a project leaves the Incubator into an existing TLP.

	--- Noel