incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:07:59 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > - The Incubator PMC sets the Mentors, who form the initial PPMC
> > - The PPMC (Mentors) elects additional PPMC members
> > - The PPMC elects Committers

> -1.  I think your response is extremely misguided.  In this situation, we
> would accept code without allowing the people who contributed it further
> access: that is completely unfair.

I disagree.  You're conflating process with application of process, and then
stating as assured a case when your fellow PMC Members would act in a manner
you find offensive.

Why would the PMC not elect "the people who contributed it further access"?

> If we do not accept the people, we don't accept the code.

So every Committer on every outside project must be accepted as an ASF
Commiter without any consideration whatsoever?  Just how polar do you want
to cast the issue?

	--- Noel