incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: How to submit policy changes?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:05:29 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > therefore to avoid a second vote to record a policy already approved,
> > all policy changes should be proposed in the form of patches to the
> > policy document.

> I see your point, but it seems a tad excessive.  And it may not make the
> policy as clear, when presented in the form of a diff.

In the specific case of the bootstrap proposal, it would appear to effect:

  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/entry.html
  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
  http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Cha
mpion

And while we will need to record the policy, I'd rather not see a
straightforward policy degenerate into a debate over how to factor web
pages.  And it seems clear to me that such a diff across multiple pages
would be far more difficult for people to understand.

Thoughts?

	--- Noel