incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:21:35 GMT

On Oct 1, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> This is why I keep pushing back with the idea that we bootstrap in
> a defined
> manner:
>
>  - The Incubator PMC sets the Mentors, who form the initial PPMC
>  - The PPMC (Mentors) elects additional PPMC members
>  - The PPMC elects Committers
>
> This is simple and human driven, delegating decisions in the normal
> ASF
> manner.

I don't like that. I don't like that fact that from
the start, those who are approved as initial committers
aren't on the PPMC. If that means we need to trim the
size of the initial pool of committers in the proposal,
then I'm all for that. But restricting initial PPMC membership
just to Mentors when those people who are the initial
committers have (one hopes) already the long association
with the code and the community aren't included in
just seems wrong, and getting the podling off to
the wrong start.