incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Release Requirements
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:12:17 GMT

On Oct 13, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Leo Simons wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> Can we agree that regardless of which style one might prefer the
>> packaging,
>> there are multiple valid approaches, and that this level of
>> difference
>> should not be a release criteria for the Incubator?
>
> ASF release processes work because people can vote however they
> want. I don't want to create a *rule* that says people that vote
> can't vote in some way for some reason.

Do I understand your statement correctly in that you think that it's
perfectly ok for people from the _Incubator PMC_ to vote against a
release because they prefer camel case names to those whose parts are
separated by underscores?  (I have used a trite example to make my
point)

It seems to me that Noel's comment that technical decisions are
outside the realm of the Incubator PMC release votes and that the
place to chime in is at the project level, not at the Incubator PMC
level, is perfectly reasonable.

Regards,
Alan