incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newco...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:19:34 GMT
+1

I really think we need to stick with the originally agreed project
proposal here or we will continue to end up in fruitless discussions.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Little [mailto:mark.little@jboss.com]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 12:07 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Policy on Initial Committership

Without wanting to open up flames about what constitutes a true
"open" source project: if you're trying to build up a community then
not erecting artificial barriers to entry is a good start. I've used
the Redhat/JBoss example already, but there are others where the
communities thrive and grow because of a more "enlightened" approach!
Plus, sticking with what was agreed collectively prior to the start
of the project is another good community building act: or at least if
you're going to change it, do it publicly and with the involvement of
EVERYONE who was involved with the formation of the project.

Mark.