incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newco...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:17:38 GMT
Well, I was thinking I was living in a world with defined procedures for
submitting a project with a list of initial committers, getting the
project approved, and then arranging to have the committers on the list
participate in the project.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: rooneg@gmail.com [mailto:rooneg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Garrett
Rooney
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 11:05 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Policy on Initial Committership

On 10/2/06, Newcomer, Eric <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com> wrote:
> How could they contribute when they were not given access?  These guys
> have been asking for two weeks or more to be allowed to contribute,
and
> in some cases did not even receive a reply.

Uhh, what kind of world are you living in where the only way to
contribute to an open source project is if you already have commit
access?  Commit needs to be earned, you earn it by sending in patches,
fixing bugs, filing bugs, etc.  None of those things require commit
access, if they did then no open source project would ever get a new
contributor.

-garrett