incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Requirements
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:21:28 GMT
On Oct 12, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> The Mentors can and should engage the community on best practices.
> When the
> Incubator PMC is presented with a release to approve, we ought to
> focus on
> actual requirements, such as:
>
> 	Licensing
> 	Notification
> 	Signing (if we choose to enforce this)

I would say that the IPMC should focus on the process the podling
used to prepare the release. Oversight from the Mentors or other IPMC
members on the PPMC should mean that by time the release is presented
to the IPMC the requirements already have been met. This not only
ensures that the release content meets the ASF requirements but also
that the PPMC members know what is involved.

The IPMC still needs to review the actual release but to some degree
they should be able to rely on the votes from the Mentors. Ideally
the Mentors would be able to vote based on their review at the PPMC
stage.

--
Jeremy