incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about mixed source documentation
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:37:33 GMT
By contributing the documentation, you are assigning an non-exclusive,
non-revocable copywrite to that version of the material. If you are
also using the same material elsewhere, and also grant that entity a
copyright, that's OK, because the copyright to ASF is non-exclusive.

An essential question is whether the material is yours or a
work-for-hire. If it is a work-for-hire, then entity hiring you would
need to file a CCLA to cover the grant.

-Ted.