incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject IRC chats
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:17:03 GMT
Folks

I've been revisiting the decision to stop having IRC chats. We did
this, partially based on feedback from the Incubator PMC that felt
perhaps that the chats were leading to a lack of fair discussion on
the email list.

However, I have personally noticed that the community is less vibrant
without the regular chats. I would like to suggest we restart the
chats with the following ground rules:

1) we log the chats to the dev list (yes I know we always did)
2) If we have any proposals in the chats we explicitly send these out
as separate notes and follow up in email to make any decisions. In
other words the IRC chats are not formal decision making forums
(fora?) but there to stimulate discussion.
3) we choose a time that is as convenient as possible to all our
global contributors.

I'm copying the Incubator PMC to get their input too.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle