incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: RE: [PROPOSAL] Ivy
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:21:47 GMT
On 10/25/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

> Understood. Actually, I do not need to become a member of the incubator
> PMC either, but I would very much like to have the svn and UNIX karma
> to edit and publish elements of the web site of ivy.

Ok, slow down a bit.  I'm all for enthusiasm, but this stuff does take
a little time.  First we vote on accepting the project.  Once that
happens the initial committers send in their CLAs.  Once the CLAs are
in the project's mentors request accounts on the ASF infrastructure
(unix machines, svn, etc).  Once root@ creates the accounts the
mentors (or someone else if the mentors don't have the right access)
grants you the appropriate karma to make changes to this kind of thing
in svn.  You're on step 1, AFAICT, and you're all set to jump to step
6.  It'll happen, it just takes a little time ;-)

-garrett