incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:41:34 GMT

> I do too. And with the number of projects coming in with sizeable numbers of
> committers these days, I wonder how long it will be before the committers
> coming in this way will outnumber those whose committership is based on (ASF
> earned) merit. It seems to me that this could change the fundamental nature
> of the ASF.

This has also been one of my concerns.  But then it's only an issue if
individuals on the proposal have not earned the necessary merit in the
original project.  I sense some of us suspect this to be the case.
However, I agree with Roy's approach -- let the podling deal with the
committer issue during incubation.

--
  jaaron