incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Ivy
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:49:44 GMT
Bill, dude,

On Oct 25, 2006, at 3:14 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> Would everyone agree with Leo that it is OK to start asking for
>> infrastructural resources ?
>
> Nope, first off with the server disruption, there's really been
> only a day
> since the proposal was floated.  3 days is typical to let folks raise
> objections before concluding the vote.

Like I wrote already, incubator policy is that we do not vote on
accepting entry for subprojects to existing TLPs that such TLP has
already voted on and is sponsoring. So, despite perhaps some evidence
to the contrary, there's not really any motion on any kind of floor
here. There's actually some new and approved documentation on this
(which I had forgotten the specifics of):

   http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Incubation_Policy.html#Acceptance+By+Incubator

which I'm sure someone like you will appreciate for its
extensiveness. The policies says it should be the PMC chair sending
the notification e-mail, but given that there's 3 (I think) ant PMC
members mentoring the thing I think we're sorta ok in this case.

/ducks

LSD