incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Ivy
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:10:46 GMT
On 10/25/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> >
> > I've just sent both an individual and a corporate CLA by fax. I was not
> > sure the corporate CLA was necessary, but since Jayasoft is the current
> > copyright holder of Ivy, I thought it might be required.
>
> Probably a good idea; the point to a Corporate CLA is actually an
> agreement
> between your employer and yourself that what you do with the Foundation is
> with their blessing.  The ICLA you signed claims you have that right
> already,
> but we all know how painful employment contracts and their covenants are
> :)
>
> Best to be safe for your benefit.

In my case this is not really an issue, since Jayasoft is my company.
Anyway, now that it's done it doesn't hurt.

There is a DIFFERENT form, a Software Grant, which would be needed for a
> wholesale import of a code base owned by another party.  See
>
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants (very bottom paragraph.)

OK, I think that's what will be needed if Ivy is accepted in the incubator.
I will wait until someone ask me to fill this form.

Thanks for your help,
- Xavier

Bill