incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mirroring/rsyncing the maven repos on people.apache.org?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:05:42 GMT
> That's contrary to what we were originally told by the mirroring folks,
> e.g., Joshua.  So we told everyone, as we were told, to use cvs(now
> people).a.o.  If infra is OK with this, we'll change the release docs to
> reflect it.

In the original concept, I think we were going to allow PPMCs to
release on their own; however, we've since refined that concept so
that the IPMC reviews each release.  Since the IPMC is approving the
release and there aren't *that* many PPMC releases made (i.e. it's not
a daily occurance), it makes more sense to use the mirrors rather than
just slam one server.  -- justin