incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mirroring/rsyncing the maven repos on people.apache.org?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:43:31 GMT
On 10/26/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> so, i would prefer to see incubator releases stored in a central
> subversion repository and a zone managed by the IPMC used to host them
> for download. perhaps a small number of select incubator-only mirrors
> could be recruited. IMHO this would solve the worries over excessive
> rsync bandwidth and the IPMCs concerns about isolation.

IMO, if the IPMC votes to approve the release, it should be slapped in
www.a.o/dist/incubator/ and hence use the same mirror system as
everyone else.  The mirrors can live with the noise - the IPMC isn't
approving *that* many releases.  I have no idea how folks got the idea
that people.a.o/dist was ever backed up - it was originally created
only for temporary snapshots (and not mirrored anywhere) - so it seems
there was a huge breakdown in communication here.  -- justin