incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <>
Subject Re: [discussion] Harmony podling to ask for vote for graduation
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:56:20 GMT
On 10/18/06, Sam Ruby <> wrote:
> At ApacheCon, it was noticed that at the present time the number of
> podlings exceeds the number of Apache projects (I believe the figures
> quoted were 37 to 35).
> I am of the opinion that the pendulum has swung too far - we seem to
> have a number of potential projects effectively "parked" in incubation.
> In the case of Harmony, I would be prepared to vote for graduation.

As long as the Harmony PPMC has demonstrated that it can manage itself
(a very good sign of this is adding new committers and/or conducting a
release), then, IMHO, it's ready to graduate.  But, I'm not willing to
compromise on that to rush projects out of the Incubator.  We've all
seen the hell that happens when we approve podlings too soon.  --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message