incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: PPMCs [was Re: what are required for contributing to release management]
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 21:17:31 GMT

> would however encourage only voting people in after they an appropriate
> level of committment and involvement with the project.

This creates a dividing line by omitting past contributions from the
discussion which I feel is inappropriate.

For example, if I were to work on a project for many months at Google Code
and then propose it to come here, why shouldn't I continue to have a say in
what the project does?  Why do I need to justify myself all over again?  Why
aren't my past contributions enough to merit a seat on the PPMC?  What gives
the mentors the power to 'reset' the community and block me from
participating until I jump through their vague and ill-defined hoops?  --
justin