incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:28:44 GMT

> - The Incubator PMC sets the Mentors, who form the initial PPMC
> - The PPMC (Mentors) elects additional PPMC members
> - The PPMC elects Committers
>
> you see that requirement?  I don't see anything excluding the PPMC from
> voting in all of the existing and active wicket committers.  Seems like a
> reasonable criteria.

The implicit criteria I'm interpreting from this thread is that it would be
forbidden: only activity within the podling (while it is here) would be
considered as to whether someone should be granted committership or PMC
status.  This is certainly how I read what Dan and others are advocating.

IMHO, mentors should be encouraged to cast the net as wide as possible.  In
fact, podlings that do not permit active contributors being on the PPMC
should be dealt with accordingly (i.e. swift application of cluebats).  --
justin