incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy on Initial Committership
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:00:31 GMT
> Taken from the "Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire" thread:
>
>  - The Incubator PMC sets the Mentors, who form the initial PPMC
>  - The PPMC (Mentors) elects additional PPMC members
>  - The PPMC elects Committers
>
> This also implies changing the proposal's initial committers list to
> something suggestive not binding, allowing the the Mentors review and vote
> on comitters.
>
> So far, as responses we have:
>
> +1:
>     Noel J. Bergman
>     Mads Toftum
>     Henri Yandell
>     Davanum Srinivas
>     Jason Van Zyl
>     Robert Burrell Donkin

-1 from me.

I agree with what Justin and Jim said and I don't see how having just
the mentors decide improves scrutiny over having them in the proposal
and giving the whole Incubator PMC the opportunity to express an
opnion.

If a proposal comes with a long list of proposed committers or people
"piling on" - then its more likely to cause objections if its been
scrutinized by a wider audience than omitting the information from the
proposal and leaving it to the mentors to sort out.

Niall