incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [doc] "How to add a PPMC member"
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:57:24 GMT
It seems to me that there is no reason for the PPMC to be official,
since they have no power to actually release anything (which puts
Apache at legal risk). It's the Incubator PMC that authorizes releases.

"All the PPMC does" is to exercise podling oversight, which should
not legally encumber Apache.

Craig