incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Harmony graduation vote on harmony-dev
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:54:01 GMT

Greg Stein wrote:

> The Incubator is about verification, not participation. I think Geir
> is wrong in trying to lever IPMC members into more project
> involvement. We are here as volunteers to oversee the process, not
> participate in the projects.

I think this is a topic for honest disagreement, as while it is about
verification, the practice of mentoring a community does include
participating.

We had IPMC members that were engaged (voluntarily) in the project  -
all I tried to do was have votes "over there" rather than "over here".
There clearly is wide disagreement in the utility and legitimacy of
this, which I think warrants some discussion, independent of Harmony
itself.

I'm going to end the vote on -dev and do a canonical one here so we can
move on.

geir