incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [doc] "How to add a PPMC member"
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:18:23 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> It seems to me that there is no reason for the PPMC to be official,
> since they have no power to actually release anything (which puts Apache
> at legal risk). It's the Incubator PMC that authorizes releases.
>
> "All the PPMC does" is to exercise podling oversight, which should not
> legally encumber Apache.

Although the Incubator PMC *can* ratify any PPMC-level decision, which is why
things like adding a committer need to be forwarded to private@i.a.o - even
if we accept the PPMC decision by lazy consensus (without a confirming vote)
we've implicitly accepted the decision unless we inform the project otherwise.