incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:49:36 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Mark Little wrote:
>
>> That kind of depends what you're used to now doesn't it? In some
>> circles really getting involved actively can best be done (can only be
>> done) with committer rights.
>
> That's not how the ASF works or has ever worked.

Right, but we all know what the real problem is ;)

I was against that project from start, because some
members proposed as commiters were bitching ASF for
years. Now, it seems that even inside that project
there are some irregularities that do not follow the
ASF rules (well, at least the ASF spirit).

I simply do not see how that incubated project can
evolve to the real ASF project with proper community
bearing so many problems around itself.
Do we really need that?

Regards,
Mladen.