incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the 2.0.1 release of Cayenne
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:51:27 GMT

On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:42 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> for example
> tags/2.0.1/cayenne/tutorials/quick-start/cayenne-tutorial/src/
> cayenne/tutorial/
> looked to me like an example of a hand-crafted subclass.

This one was generated, but then customized by hand. We do need a
license on it - I will clean this up.

> preferences files didn't look like it was generated to me either:
> cayenne/cayenne-java/src/modeler/resources/pref/
> though perhaps i was fooled...

This one is generated by the Modeler tool to map preferences database
for itself.

> one good practice often adopted by projects which make extensive use
> of generated source is to ensure that it's clear (either by including
> notes in the documents or by creating them in directories with clear
> names) which documents are generated and which are not. it would make
> it a lot easier and quicker to audit cayenne releases if this practice
> were adopted.

Good point - I am +1. In the future releases we'll need to make our
templates more explicit in this respect.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message