incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <>
Subject [doc] "How to add a PPMC member"
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:10:06 GMT
Given recent PPMC discussions on general@, it has been on my mind to add a
section titled "Voting in a new PPMC member" to

Brian McCallister and I chatted about this at the hackathon. Since having
a PPMC is instructional, we think that it would be helpful for PPMCs to
mimic the PMC process to get in the right habit.

So, given what a PMC does:
 - vote in a new candidate
 - ask for board acknowledgement (
 - invite the new candidate to join the PMC

The suggested PPMC habit would be:
 - vote in a new candidate
 - ask for Incubator PMC acknowledgement (
   (I'll volunteer to look for and ack requests)
 - invite the new candidate to join the PPMC

Some clarifications are needed on the PPMC page, including:
 - the PPMC has no legal standing, so no need for board notification
 - membership on the PPMC does not guarantee membership on the PMC when
the podling graduates

suggestions? Once this idea is fleshed out, I'll add wording to .

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message