incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:20:07 GMT

On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Mark Little wrote:

> That kind of depends what you're used to now doesn't it? In some
> circles really getting involved actively can best be done (can only
> be done) with committer rights.

That's not how the ASF works or has ever worked. It's for
this exact reason why there is confusion and discussion
(still) about commit privs for podlings... commit privs
have always been a relatively high bar for people to
meet, but one that we've *always* had open for
people. We don't "blacklist" people from commit
privs because they work for a specific company
or because the don't work for a specific company,
for example. If you earn it, you get it.

The thing with podlings is that what's meant by
"earning" it is much lower... it should still
exist, however.