incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Checkpoint on Harmony (Re: [discussion] Harmony podling to ask for vote for graduation)
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:03:07 GMT
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 06:32:04AM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I agree with the motivations behind asking for a release, but disagree
> that a release is the only way to satisfy IPMC's need for information
> about the health and capability of a podling's future life as a TLP.

FWIW, I never said that a release was the only way - but it's a very good way
when we are not provided with any other information (which we didn't have
initially).

Looking through the dev list, it seems that they have managed themselves well
(modulo a few bad apples) as a community.  I would hope that the mentors remain
involved when the inevitable release occurs so that they have some guidance and
aren't left in the lurch when the time comes - otherwise, it'll be viewed as
our failure as a PMC to teach them how to do a release.

So, +1 for graduation with that caveat.  -- justin