incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:31:02 GMT
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:21:50AM -0500, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Those people can be seeded as an 'initial
> emeritus list' and can simply regain access by asking for it again without
> having to prove themselves all over again.  -- justin

I still think that's a bad idea. If they don't actively ask to be put on
the proposal, then we'd be voting for someone who may or may not turn
up.
Horror scenario no. 1 - a project like php - we vote it in with with a
few handfuls of active people and then at a later date all people who
have had commit over the years turn up to get accounts...
If you _really_ want to add this extra backdoor, then at least make it a
requirement that every bloody name has to be on the proposal and make
this backdoor expire at the end of incubation.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk