incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Policy on Initial Committership
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:26:18 GMT
On Tuesday October 03 2006 2:09 pm, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> BTW, somewhere along the line people started calling this project CXF.
> That is a fine name, but isn't the one in the proposal.

All of the "apache resources" (svn repository, email lists, JIRA, etc...) are
using the abbreviation CXF.   Also, the package name we are using is
org.apache.cxf.  Thus, most of the developers have just started using that.
Some of us WANT to propose a vote on the cxf-dev list to officially change
the name.   That's actually one of the sources of this entire issue.  We
wanted the PPMC setup before we called the vote.   Now that that issue is
being settled, we can move on.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer