incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Harmony podling to ask for vote for graduation
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:49:31 GMT
I don't think this needs more discussion, but to clarify my comment,
it was my impression that requirements, specifically that a release
has to be created, were being added to the graduation checklist ad
hoc.  Some members saw it differently, and view it as more of a
discussion item, which in retrospect, may be closer to its intended
purpose.

It is my general opinion, having worked in the Incubator for some time
and having mentored a project through it that the Incubator would be
best served by a defined process or checklist that guides the
graduation process.  Without such a process, a graduation vote or
discussion could turn into something akin to begging passage from the
Nnights of Ni.  Apparently, I'm in the minority here, which is fine,
but just because I may disagree doesn't mean I'm spreading "FUD" or
inexperienced.

Don