incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Harmony podling to ask for vote for graduation
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:14:59 GMT
Agreed.  I don't think it is fair to be making up graduation
requirements right when a project is about to graduate.  If we are to
require a project to go through an Incubation process, that process
should be well-defined and not constantly changing based on the whims
of Incubation members.  That isn't to say that the process shouldn't
evolve, but I don't think it is fair to podlings that have completed
all known steps for graduation, only to have new requirements made up
on the spot.  It is rather discouraging and certainly doesn't put the
ASF in a positive light.

In this case, Harmony seems to taken all the right steps, and if the
Incubator PMC hasn't had reason for concern before, I don't see that a
"developer release" would make any difference.

Harmony has my +1

Don