incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] Harmony podling to ask for vote for graduation
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:28:37 GMT
On Oct 19, 2006, at 12:08 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Grote, Judy wrote:
>> He just never seems to give up--like a small child not knowing
>> when to
>> stop.
>
> No, more like an old grandpa who sees his grandkids grab a pair of
> scissors and then asks the parents whether they've taught them
> not to start running around the room doing acrobatics with scissors.
> A small child would just delete the repository and say "oops".

heh.

> It is something I do by habit, after being exposed to so many clueless
> twits like yourself.  I would like the ASF to survive its growth.
>
> Besides, I was about to vote +1.  You just changed my vote to -1.

I think its not cool that some random person (I don't know who Judy
is. She's certainly not an active part of the harmony project)
posting a random comment to a public mailing list has that kind of
effect.

LSD

PS: I suspect the "he" reference in her sentence above was meant to
refer to Geir (in jest), but that could just be me.

PPS: lesson to be learned here -- don't jest, top post, or use
ambiguous references in e-mail