incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] call for feedback for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:49:24 GMT
On 9/19/06, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's really good, I like the template a lot. It will probably be very
> helpful. And I agree that a TOC would be helpful.
>
> On 9/19/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > First, what about a TOC at the beginning that links to the other
> > sections of the documents?  That way people have an idea of the
> > sections - but this document is long enough that a TOC is nice to
> > have.

i've had some negative comments about my obsession with TOCs in the
past but one is probably justified here. they are a PITA to maintain
so i'll probably add a new element to the generation template...

i could also port the sitemap generation code i created for
http://www.apache.org/dev/sitemap.html if there's a demand.
opinions...?

- robert