incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Felix to TLP status (pending board approval)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:27:13 GMT
On 9/13/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:54 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> > On 9/12/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> >> As Leo pointed out, 'codebase quality' is not a graduation
> >> criteria. And
> >> (hopefully) with Upayvira as the initial PMC Chair, I am not
> >> worried that the
> >> PMC will overlook release requirements. If ASF Members feel that
> >> to be a
> >> concern, they are both free to monitor and participate in the PMC
> >> work.
> >
> > My concern has nothing to do with 'codebase quality', but asking for a
> > demonstration that the Felix community understands how to conduct a
> > release that meets the ASF's criteria.
> >

> +1

i do not believe that having made a release should be a requirement.

however, i'm not now willing to actively support a graduation unless
the podling has demonstrated that they understand how to create policy
complient release. if someone from felix would be willing to post up
an example release candidate which complies with ASF policy, then i'd
be willing to support this graduation.

- robert