incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:14:39 GMT
On 9/12/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 9/12/06, Raphaƫl Luta <raphael@apache.org> wrote:
> > Discussions have already happened in both the Grafitto and the
> > Jackrabbit communities to "move" development of the JCR mapping
> > functionality into the Jaskrabbit community and the feedback seemed
> > positive on both ends.
>
> Generally, if both communities are happy, I don't see a need for the
> Incubator PMC to be involved.  Raphael says the IP clearance has
> already been done for the Graffito contribution, so that's fine.

+1

however IMO the IP clearance document should still be created and
committed so that it's easy to track the origins of the code.
questions about provinence can sometimes be raised years later and it
has sometimes proved difficult to track down old email discussions.
the document should be trivial but at least it'll be in the right
place in case anyone needs it down the line.

- robert