incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the 4.1 release of ActiveMQ's maven plugins
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:54:12 GMT
On 9/14/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You can checkout the binary build here:
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/
>
> +1

Thanks!

> a few notes:
>
> the MANIFEST files are probably not compliant with the Sun standards.
> would be better with Extension-Name, Specification-Title,
> Specification-Vendor, Specification-Version, Implementation-Vendor-Id,
> Implementation-Title, Implementation-Vendor and
> Implementation-Version. choice of artifactId name is a little
> unintuitive (but i suspect that there may be reasons for this).

Maven is generating our MANIFEST for us.. I'll have to do a little
digging into this.

> remember that you'll need to create signatures before uploading.

AFAIK, projects only sign distributions.  If this was not the case
then every artifact in the maven repo would need to be signed and that
seems like a bit of overkill.  This is not a distribution but just a
set of jars that our main distribution will depend on.

> - robert

Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com