incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] accept UIMA as a podling
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:02:49 GMT
> The proposal can be found in the Incubator wiki here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/UIMA

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.  You want to request a vote, you include
the proposal in the e-mail.  OK, I'll admit, I've seen the follow up e-mail
where you did post the proposal in response to Garrett Rooney, but I want to
make sure that this is clear to everyone.

> UIMA standard (being put forward concurrently for standardization within
OASIS

Because anything from OASIS raises red flags for me (I could be a lot less
polite about "standards bodies" that have all too often acted as nothing
more than a rubberstamping facades to promulgate IP encumbered "standards"
for their corporate masters), I just want to make sure that this isn't yet
another OASIS problem.  IBM has generally been a good citizen, but please
confirm that the UIMA standard is not IP encumbered.

IMO, we should make sure to have this question on the submission template.

	--- Noel