incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing to release an incubator POM
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:48:32 GMT
On Sep 9, 2006, at 5:48 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 8 Sep 06, at 10:36 PM 8 Sep 06, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>
>> On 9/8/06, Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org> wrote:
>>> This artifact would need to released by the Incubator PMC so that it
>>> can be made freely available via ibiblio. The latest version is in
>>> SVN at
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/pom/pom.xml
>>> and if there are no issues with doing this I would like to formally
>>> tag it and request a vote by the IPMC.
>>>
>>> Any comments before I do so?
>>
>> What about using 'incubator' or 'incubator-parent' for the artifactId
>> (instead of just 'parent')?
>>

> incubator would probably be the best

I have no strong preference, this just seemed tautological as the
groupId is already org.apache.incubator

>> Other examples are the top-level 'apache' pom,(which you might
>> want to
>> define as this pom's parent, if only to show the project hierarchy,)

I thought it was better not to do this as this pom is intended to be
used as a parent by podlings which do not have official Apache
project status. Maintaining a distinct hierarchy seemed clearer.

With this in mind, how about "podling-parent" for the artifactId?
--
Jeremy