incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:09:59 GMT

On Sep 30, 2006, at 3:57 AM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 9/29/06, Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Can you please explain what the criteria was for removing people from
>> the comitter list? Can you also detail who was removed? Can you also
>> explain why this hasn't been communicated to everyone on the dev
>> list so
>> far? And why I have only heard about the final decision third hand
>> from
>> this email and an offhand mention in Bo's email? I am OK with the
>> PMC's
>> authority as thats what I signed up for at Apache, but I feel that if
>> they make such an important decision as this they should at least
>> communicate the above.
>
> setting aside the particulars, this worries me from a process
> perspective.

I will again defer to Jason van Zyl who was the prime
focus of all this. Unless Jason responds by Monday, I
will email a synopsis from my PoV. I will state however
that from the get-go, I said:

   I would be somewhat hesitant about doing this via
   a con-call. Certainly we can request a cxf-private
   list that contains the mentors and the PPMC
   members (see #2). The reason is simple: such
   policy discussions should be archived, since they
   affect the project and its future.

One key question was "who is the PPMC". My interpretation
is that the initial PPMC consists of the Mentors and
the initial group of committers noted and agreed to
in the proposal. Some had issues with that and said
that the initial list of committers was "stacked".