incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject NOTICE file contents for podlings
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:46:29 GMT
On 9/25/06, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> -> You're shipping various libraries and stuff which I know include
> NOTICE files of their own, but those notices are not found or
> referenced anywhere outside their jars (for example ant.jar has a
> META-INF/NOTICE.txt). I would say the NOTICE file should point to
> those other notice files that exist somewhere deep within such a big
> distribution, but I think that's maybe not a legal requirement.

Does this also hold for packaged Apache projects? For instance if you
have a dependency on commons-logging.jar?

And the same question for the LICENSE.txt file? Should all
dependencies be identified in the LICENSE.txt file?

Martijn

--
Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! New Ajax components: Tree, TreeTable and ModalWindow
-- http://wicketframework.org