incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept UIMA as a podling
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:11:13 GMT
On 9/18/06, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:

> [ ] +1 Accept UIMA as an Incubator podling
> [ ]  0 Don't care
> [X] -1 Reject this proposal for the following reason:

I'm sorry, but I have to vote -1 based on my new policy of rejecting
any potential podling that can't explain what it is that they do
within the first paragraph of the proposal.  I'm a fairly intelligent
person, but honestly I have no clue what "an architecture and software
framework for creating, discovering, composing and deploying a broad
range of multi-modal analysis capabilities" actually is, and I see
little potential for any project that's so bad at selling themselves
to actually grow a useful community.

Additionally, I believe we decided that having the final vote thread
point to a Wiki page was a bad idea.  It would be good to resend this
with the actual proposal content inline so everyone can be sure what
they're actually voting on.

-garrett