incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JiniProposal] Choosing a new name...
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:57:56 GMT
Hi Jim,

I'd like to encourage you to avoid picking anything that is already a
proper name, in other words an existing name which is normally
capitalised in western languages.
Using names which are already associated with people, places, events
or cultures is never likely to be universally acceptable and on the
whole is more likely to cause offence than to bring any lasting
positive associations.
For that reason I think that it is probably much easier if we avoid
the issue altogether, and I know that choosing project names isn't
easy but I'd ask you to add this consideration to the formula.

d.