incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OFBiz Test Snapshot Release: 4.0.0 TS3
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:08:57 GMT
On 9/28/06, David E Jones <jonesde@undersunconsulting.com> wrote:

> I've done another pass on the LICENSE file to hopefully address this
> problem, but I'm not really sure that I understood exactly what it
> needs to look like, so feedback on this would be great.
>
> The updated LICENSE and NOTICE files are available here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/LICENSE
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk/NOTICE

NOTICE should not have the list of licenses that apply - that's for the
LICENSE file.

NOTICE should contain any required informational notices required by those
licenses.  For example, JDBM (the last entry in LICENSE) requires in Clause
5 that 'due credit should be given to the JDBM Project (
http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/)'.  That's the type of entry that goes in
NOTICE.

HTH.  -- justin