incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [doc] call for feedback for http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:29:41 GMT
On 9/18/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html is currently a
> draft document. i think that it's strong enough to push towards
> promoting it (and putting it in the indexes).

+1.

> 1 presentation (is the way the content presented easily digested and
> understandable?)

Two small comments for your consideration.

First, what about a TOC at the beginning that links to the other
sections of the documents?  That way people have an idea of the
sections - but this document is long enough that a TOC is nice to
have.

The other thing that I would find helpful is to change the color of
the examples and commentary.  They are way too similar.  Maybe one of
them should be boxed with a dark-color background?  It's a minor nit,
but I think if we can make the distinction greater (the font
difference isn't enough, IMO), it'd be easier to understand.
(Actually, if I look at it, I think you may have tried with a
light-blue and white?  If so, the color difference is too subtle.)

Even with these minor nits, this is certainly good enough to link from
the main page.  Thanks so much - this is going to be a great help!  --
justin