incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Update on ApacheCon Fast Track for Incubator podlings
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:11:34 GMT
As of right now, we have 16 volunteers for the ApacheCon Incubator
fast track session on Thursday October 12, 4:30pm-6:30pm.  Yay.

We can probably take one or two more podlings if there's interest: sign up at:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ApacheConFastTrack

I will organize the schedule on the wiki in the next week or so.  Leo
probably goes first as an intro to the Incubator.  ;-)

Note that it's actually two 50-minute slots with a 10 minute break -
this should be just right to have each person already signed up speak
for ~5 min each.

How many folks are going to need slides or a computer to demonstrate?
My personal philosophy is that you shouldn't really need slides for a
five minute talk.

Instead of slides, I am contemplating a single slide for each speaker
that has the speaker's name & email, podling name, logo (if any), URL,
mailing lists, and a brief 'mission' statement - this will be
projected behind the speaker.

I will likely set up the 5-minute timer app from the ApacheCon
Lightning Talks.  So, you'll be gong-ed off after 5 minutes unless
your name is Ken.  =)

If you've already signed up, please keep an eye here on this list for
more details.  I'm also guessing that more details will emerge during
the Hackathon on Mon/Tues of that week as folks arrive and we can sort
it all out in person...

Thanks and I hope to see everyone in Austin!  -- justin