incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Felix to TLP status (pending board approval)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:54:40 GMT
On 9/12/06, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> As Leo pointed out, 'codebase quality' is not a graduation criteria. And
> (hopefully) with Upayvira as the initial PMC Chair, I am not worried that the
> PMC will overlook release requirements. If ASF Members feel that to be a
> concern, they are both free to monitor and participate in the PMC work.

My concern has nothing to do with 'codebase quality', but asking for a
demonstration that the Felix community understands how to conduct a
release that meets the ASF's criteria.

If the community produces a release that is perfect on first shot,
great - they're truly ready to graduate.  If not, well, then, they'll
learn from those mistakes and once they can produce a release that
meets our criteria, then they'll be ready to graduate.

Remember that a major task for a TLP is conducting a release.
Therefore, it's reasonable for the Incubator PMC to ask for proof that
they will execute that task successfully rather than taking it on
blind faith.  -- justin