incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Graduating a part of an incubating project into an existing TLP
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:37:32 GMT
On 9/12/06, Raphaƫl Luta <raphael@apache.org> wrote:
> Discussions have already happened in both the Grafitto and the
> Jackrabbit communities to "move" development of the JCR mapping
> functionality into the Jaskrabbit community and the feedback seemed
> positive on both ends.

Generally, if both communities are happy, I don't see a need for the
Incubator PMC to be involved.  Raphael says the IP clearance has
already been done for the Graffito contribution, so that's fine.

httpd has spun off some of its codebases to the mod_perl PMC because
they were a better fit - as long as this is just an internal ASF<->ASF
transition and *everyone* on both sides is happy (which is best
captured by votes on their respective public mailing lists), then I
don't see a real cause for concern nor need for the Incubator to be
involved.  Jackrabbit PMC should just add any new committers to their
project in their traditional way.  -- justin