incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Lightning Talks at ApacheCon US?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:59:22 GMT
On 9/6/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > Our initial idea was to have short (15-min?) talks about as many podlings as we
> > can fit in to the timeslot.  Tell us what the project is about, who is
> > involved, why I should download it, etc, etc.  You've got 15 minutes to
> > convince a room full of Apache folks to contribute to your project.  Go forth.
>
> 15 minutes is way too long.  If you can't digest it to 5 minutes their eyes
> have glazed over, if they aren't excited enough to dig into the project by then
> you failed to persuade :)

If we have enough podlings to fill 2 hours with a bunch of 5 minute
slots, sure - I don't think that'll be the case though.  But, we can
compress the time available to the podling as more folks sign up.  If
only one podling signs up, they get 2 hours to talk.  =)

FWIW, ConCom folks have suggested that it be named 'fast track' or
something.  The concept is still the same.  -- justin